Thomas Edison’s most remarkable invention was the light bulb, which took about 1000 tries before finally making a successful bulb. A reporter asked Edison, “How did it feel failing 1000 times?” Edison replied, “I didn’t fail 1000 times, the light bulb was an invention with 1000 steps.”
Life is full of ups and downs. During failure, you become disappointed and feel powerless. In difficult times, you need motivation which inspire you to keep fighting. The source of motivation can be in any form, it can be a thought, a quote, an ambition, a book, your ideal, a person or God! I will quote some great success quotes which helped me a lot to tackle with difficult times; they taught me to be strong and became my source of power; they led me to real success and happiness. Thoughts are so powerful they can change your life and even the world.
This post is not a result of a few hours of writing, I have been noting these quotes since my childhood.
1. Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.
2. The best way to predict the future is to create it. – Peter Drucker
3. I have not failed. I’ve just found 1,000 ways that won’t work. – Thomas Edison
4. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. – Napoleon Hill
5. I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. – Bill Cosby
6. Success is not what you have, but who you are. – Bo Bennet
7. To win without risk is to triumph without glory. – Corneille
8. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. – Albert Schweitzer
9. The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake- you can’t learn anything from being perfect. – Adam Osborne
10. What is not started will never get finished. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
11. A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. – John C. Maxwell
12. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. – Bill Gates
13. Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. – Albert Einstein
14. Remember, Mondays are fine. It’s your life that sucks. – Ricky Gervais
15. The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.
16. The harder you work the luckier you get.
17. Don’t meet expectations, exceed them.
18. Don’t dwell on the things that are wrong; be thankful for the things that are right.
19. I don’t pay good wages because I have a lot of money; I have a lot of money because I pay good wages.
20. Don’t get sidetracked by people who are not on track.
21. When Was The Last Time You Did Something For The First Time?
22. Change the way you see things, and the things you see will change.
23. Don’t forget things you already have because of things you want.
24. Make every moment count. Wasting time will thwart your dreams of success.
25. Don’t wait. The time is never right and never will be.
26. People may doubt what you say, but they will always believe what you do.
27. The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
28. My most challenging day is day without any challenge.
29. Work hard silently and let the success make noise.
30. If you can’t die for something, you are not fit to live.
31. If you are trying to learn how to live, in fact you are learning how to die.
32. If people are not laughing at your goals, wake up, your goals are too small.
33. The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is YOU.
34. The more we know, the more we know that we didn’t know.
35. Failure is the tuition you pay for success.
36. Say “no” without guilt. Say “yes” without fear.
37. Let your smile change the world: Not the world change your smile.
38. Unquestioned answers are more dangerous than unanswered questions.
39. Don’t pray during storm if you don’t pray when the sun is shining.
40. If you think you can, you’re right. If you think you can’t, you’re also right.
41. Victory gives happiness: Failure gives knowledge.
42. Your future depends on what you are doing now.
43. What you are is God’s gift to you. What you become is your gift to Him.
44. God doesn’t want you to succeed, but He wants you to at least try.
45. God’s greatest gift to me is an unanswered prayer.
46. The best way to succeed in this world is to act on the advice you give to others.
47. The best revenge is massive success.
48. Everybody is genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. – Albert Einstein
49. Lots of people have talent, but it’s the hard work that sets you apart. – Bob Croslin
50. If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer will always be no. If you don’t step forward, you will always be in the same place.
51. It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela
52. The best things in life aren’t things.
53. Strive for progress, not perfection.
54. If you are willing to do only what’s easy, life will be hard. But if you are willing to do what’s hard, life will be easy. -T. Harv Eker
55. If you don’t risk anything, you risk even more.
56. Only those who dare to fail greatly can achieve greatly.
57. When you play, play hard; when you work, don’t play at all. – Teddy Roosevelt
58. Happiness is in helping others. Help others to help yourself. Love others to love yourself.
59. Be a problem solver, not a complainer.
60. If you hate Sundays, change your friends. If you hate Mondays, change your job.
61. Learn how to think instead of what to.
62. Don’t handicap children by making their lives easy -Robert Heinlein
63. Overnight success takes just some years of hard work first.
64. One day you will laugh at your problems you have today.
65. Always stay humble and kind – Tim McGraw.
66. The world is full of nice people. If you can’t find one, be one.
67. Fear no one, but respect everyone.
68. What you focus on, grows. What you resist, persists.
69. Have more knowledge than opinion.
70. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.